Sep 20, 2010

Typhoon, School Closures: Another Perspective

Whenever there's a blizzard or typhoon  or any natural disasters, we student often expect a day off, and 2 will be even better! But it never really occurr to us that it is NOT just simply a day off, it came with a price: People will lose their property or even lives, economy will also temporarily suffer from the catastrophe.

When you look at a satellite image like this, you'll probably say something like, "Wow! The storm is huge! Look at the size of it! I wonder when the authorities will announce a day off?" Sadly, few will think in another perpective, "There are many people down there, hope they will go through this safely."

When I was a kid, I used to hope that the typhoon will come so that
I would have an extra day off. But my parents told me I shouldn't think in that way cause no natural disaster will leave without any damages. So I realized that hoping the typhoon to come is the same as hoping someone to get hurt, the only difference is that you probably won't know the person, but that doesn't make it right!

Many of my friends prey for the school closure last night, and I really hope that one day they will realize how wrong it was, just like me when I was a kid. If anyone who knew the fact but still want the typhoon to come so that they will have a day off while others suffering, he/she will be a selfish jerk!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Just leave a message :)